Friday, April 17, 2009

Pie

I love pie. I love it more than cake. My mom is the best pie maker in the entire world. My mother actually sells her pies every Saturday at the Charlottesville Farmers Market. Her pies have made her a local legend (well not really, but they are damn tasty and she usually sells out).

I am lucky to be marrying a man who loves pie. Which is why. Instead of cake at the wedding, we will be cutting the pie.

Now my original plan was to use my mom's recipe for homemade crust and fillings and bake pies all summer with LRB. She got wind of that and shut me down quick. Instead there will be a Momma and Daughter good old fashioned bake fest the Thursday before the wedding and that is how we will have pie at the reception :)

(these are from www.photobucket.com., they are not my Mom's pies)

1 comment:

jes [a mountain bride] said...

I love pie most too! But I have a sneaking suspicion that friends and family won't want to help me bake 'em. (plus - I don't think my mom makes pies??)

Gonna search out some farmer's market bakers for that job :-)