Wednesday, May 13, 2009

wedding wedding!

My wedding is a little less than four months away. I am now 110% freaking out.

I brought Allie up to the farm to meet with the tenters, eat at the caterers reasturant and see what she thought and she offered so much positive feedback and had a really great outlook about everything. It made me feel so much better.

I am someone who likes to make everyone happy all the time. JM reassures me every day that the only person I need to make happy on this day is myself. I am painfully aware however, that everyone has an opinion, or an idea of what their ideal wedding is like. For some reason the 13 year old dork inside of me is frightened that EVERYONE will hate the wedding because its out in the middle of no where, in the country, in the mountains, with bugs, down a dirt road, in the summer time and oh, did I mention there would be no cell phone service..... It is not a lot of people's ideal wedding location.

However, the location is important to me and JM and my family. The wedding is occuring on property that has belonged to my great grandmother. JM has worked the land with my parents, It is the house where my cousins and I played hide and go seek, caught crawfish in the creek, where my grandmother passed away, in the garden many aunts and uncles (including my parents) began their life as a couple together. Up past the pastures is where my grandmothers ashes are scattered and the graves of civil war soldiers lie. Further into the hollow you can walk into the National Park and find what is left of the mountain community that lived in these woods until the park service forced them out. It is a beautiful, old, wise place and I could never think of having it any where else.



My goal for this wedding was to have a celebration that was as laid back as possible, but also fun to plan. Instead I have been laying awake worrying about what everyone from college friends to relatives will think of our casual but festive affair.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Yay! Your wedding is going to be great!

I have been going back and forth in my head since Tuesday about where you two should stand for the ceremony... you coming from the front door, the porch, etc. Ack!

Anyway, it is going to be great.

Also, question: Why is it that almost everyone (that is, everyone except me) gets referred to by their initials on this blog?

M. Eileen said...

because you are extra special :)