Friday, March 11, 2011

"growing up is aiming to succeed wildly and being fulfilled by failing really well"

I wish I had the chance to post this on international women's day.



I think Courtney Martin does a great job explaining that the definition of Feminism has become an issue and a movement much larger and more complex than Gloria Steinem's initial writings. Her personal insight into the inspiration she found in her mother's daily actions is extremely moving. Watch this if you get the chance.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Thanks so much for sharing this...I have been feeling the same...we aren't back in the days of marches and protests so much as "blogging" and internet based knowledge...things have certainly changed since the first signs of Feminism...quite an insightful talk she had, I enjoyed her tidbits and paradoxes!