Wednesday, March 7, 2012

childhood reads

Hi friends,

I hope you all had a splendid weekend. This past Sunday, I picked up a copy of one of my favorite books from childhood and young adulthood, Anne of the Island, from the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery. I read it cover to cover and laughed and cried as I always do (Gilbert!!!!).  I have to admit, back in my middle school years, I was somewhat of an Anne expert, and knew all sorts of PEI, L.M.Montgomery triva. For example, did you know the fashionable and scandalous Evelyn Nesbit was Montgomery's inspiration of Anne's looks?

I love finding new reads, but there is something so wonderful about picking up a good, old, well loved book. Its like delicious comfort food for your soul.



Tell me, what are you favorite books? Have you ever read any books from the Anne of Green Gables series?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

umm. hello. i completely adore anne. sometimes i think i live vicariously through her.

i can't wait to go check out the inspiration! :)

happy thursday friend!

xo