Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bridal Shower


My soon to-be sister-in-laws organized a bridal shower for me this past weekend! Complete with bourbon slushes and silly games. It was really nice to get to know some of JM's family friends and even better when a few of my friends drove all the way up to DC to spend a few hours at the shower! Even Leslie!

We are quite overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone who came and are currently trying to figure out where to put our new kitchen additions. I must say that my favorite part of the shower were the recipes that everyone brought and the stories that belonged with them! Even though JM does most of the cooking, its exciting to have family recipes passed on to us! It reminds me of the storypeople story by Brian Andreas-

"There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good. "

No comments: