Monday, November 22, 2010

10 things I am thankful for

Because it is the season of giving thanks, and because a busy fall has pushed me to the point where I sometimes forget how good I have it, I've made a little list of the little things I am thankful for....

1. My husband, who gives me calf-rubs after long 1/2 marathon training runs, eats and claims to love most of my cooking and who makes me go on afternoon sunshine fall bike rides even when I am being a grump because he knows they will cheer me up.

2. My healthy body, which can chug a long for ten miles (and hopefully 13.2 on Dec 12).

3. Our big family - they are the best and I have come to realize that despite my small failures or successes they will love me the same regardless.

4. My bike - it gets me to the places I need to go.

5. Camilla the cat, because she forces me to take breaks when she sits on my laptop.

6. My friends, who are honest (if not brutal), open, who believe in me and my dreams and who make me laugh until I might cry.

7. My husband's job and my job- because in this economy they are tough to come by and I am so grateful.

8. The smell of a butter, olive oil, onion and garlic saute in a cast iron frying pan- not only is the scent divine, but there are so many directions you can take this delightful mix.

9. Coffee and water- awakens me, fuels me, gets me going- also so many people in the world don't have access to clean water- we are so lucky.

10. Trees on fire- I mean seriously how beautiful is the world in fall? Red, yellow, orange colors- and the light! We are so lucky to experience and drink in this beautiful season.

Happy Thanksgiving!

What are you thankful for this November?

No comments: