Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful: dinners with husband

Well, duh, of course I'm thankful for this awesome dude. He's my best friend, my favorite person ever, the ice cream to my pie, my better half, the cop to my krispy kreme doughnut sales person....
Did you know people actually asked me if I worked at krispy kreme- my costume was THAT good!


But what I'm most thankful for is our week night dinners. When we turn off the TV, stop our chores, turn on some tunes and have dinner, together, at our table.  Sometimes dinners are leftovers, or as simple as beans and rice, sometimes I cook, sometimes he does - but the time we spend eating together, away from everyone and everything is our time. It belongs to us, and no one else. We talk about our days, the latest news, what I made for dinner, our cat, sometimes we talk about nothing, and sometimes we talk about everything. Its the favorite part of my day, with my favorite person. I am thankful that we've had this tradition for 2 years, and I'm excited to continue it for the next 60 plus.


No comments: